These Terms and Conditions (T&C’s) govern all tickets purchased to the Portsea Polo 2020 Event (The Event) including marquee package tickets. The T&C’s will be printed in an abbreviated form on the tickets and in the case of any conflict between these T&C’s and the abbreviated form, these T&C’s will prevail. The promoter of the Event is Portsea Polo Pty Ltd ACN 131893475 (the Promoter) and the official ticketing agent is TLA Worldwide (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 36 603 385 575 (collectively the Sellers).
- The sale of any ticket is final and non-refundable except as outlined in condition 5 of these T&C’s. The Sellers reserve the right to not replace or accept any ticket that is lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, defaced or tampered with.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the format and content of the Event (including, but not limited, to the format of the Polo match or display itself) and the Sellers will not be liable to any Ticket Holder for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential damage) suffered as a result or arising from or in any way connected to cancellation, postponement or change to the Event.
- Payments made to the Sellers for Tickets will not be refunded under any circumstances. Refunds will not be issued for the non-appearance of a player in the Event, a variation or cancellation of part of the program or activities, adverse weather or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Sellers.
- Marquee Facilities and tickets to the Event must not, without the prior written consent of the Sellers, be offered for resale, resold or packaged or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods or services.
- The Promoter will refund payments made by Ticket Holders for Tickets only if the entire Event is cancelled and cannot be rescheduled or replaced with an alternative offering due to a Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event means any or all of the following events or occurrences and the effects of such events or occurrences including acts of God or the public enemy (including equine flu, code red days or weather that is dangerous for either attendees, participants or the horses), flood, earthquake, storm, cyclone, tornado, hurricane, fire, lightning, explosion, epidemic, war, embargoes, riot or civil disturbances, strike or other labour disputes which effects the production of the Event, sabotage, expropriation, confiscation or requisition of facilities, orders or temporary or permanent injunctions of any duly constituted court of competent jurisdiction which is beyond the control of the relevant party and which the relevant party cannot take reasonable measures to prevent.
- Nothing in these T&C’s affects Ticket Holders rights under the Schedule 2 to the Competition Act 2010 (Cth) or similar legislation regarding consumer guarantees, implied conditions and warranties to the extent that such consumer guarantees, implied conditions or warranties cannot be excluded by law.
- The Sport of Polo, including any format of Polo is a dangerous sport and accidents can happen. There is a risk of an accident causing injury, death or property damage or economic loss. The Ticket Holder assumes all risk associated with or incidental to attendance at the Event (which also includes assuming the risk of participation in any event activities such as sponsor activations) and provides the following release to The Sellers and all other people involved in the conduct, promotion and organization of the Event including sponsors, competitors, staff and the venue operators (the Released Parties) (all Released Parties to include where relevant all directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and affiliated companies and their respective personnel).
- To the extent permitted by law, the Ticket Holder agrees to waive all rights, claims, action which they have or in the future and release the Released Parties from any personal injury, death (including wrongful death), property damage or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by them as a result of my attendance at the Event with the exception of any gross negligence of the Released Parties and they will indemnify and keep Indemnified the Released Parties in respect of any legal liability they may have (whether under tort, statute, contract, negligence, equity or otherwise) to any third party which arises from or out of their attendance at the Event or their involvement or participation in any Event activities).
SECURITY AND BEHAVIOUR
- Portsea Polo is an over 18 event. Children are not permitted entry to the Event and Ticket Holders will be requested to show valid photo ID and in accordance with Australian venue, police and liquor licensing requirements, the only acceptable forms of identification are:
- A current photo driver’s license;
- Current Passport; and
- An accepted Proof of Age card.
- Any underage patrons, excessive drinkers, illegal drug users or patrons behaving in an antisocial, intoxicated, disorderly, aggressive, offensive or dangerous manner or in any manner which may threaten other patrons or security may be ejected or dealt with by Event security and/or police.
- The Promoter retains the right to refuse entry or access (or re-entry) to the venue and may eject patrons at any time.
- The following items CANNOT be brought into the Event without prior written consent from the Promoter:
- Glass bottles or cans;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Illicit drugs: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/drugs
- Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles;
- Flares, fireworks or sparklers;
- Lasers or laser pointers;
- Animals or pets (other than guide dogs);
- Professional recording or broadcast devices without the promoter’s permission;
- Flags with poles, large flags or banners that may obstruct the view of other patrons;
- Any item that you intend (or such quantities of the item from which Management can reasonably infer that you intend) to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes;
- Large items including eskies, drink coolers or ice boxes;
- Any dangerous goods: Any other items as determined by Security or Management that may cause injury or public nuisance; and
- Non-sealed drink containers.
- Ticket Holders and their property may be inspected for prohibited items on entry or during the event. Tickets Holders found with prohibited items may be refused entry, ejected or have those items confiscated. Confiscated items will be either destroyed or donated to charity and will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed.
- The Event site is an area of TOTAL FIRE BAN. Any Ticket Holders detected using any flame including BBQ’s, fires or gas bottles may be fined by the Fire Authorities and will be ejected from the Event.
- The following items CAN be bought into the Event for use in the public viewing area only – snack food, drinking water and soft drinks in sealed plastic bottles, fold out chairs and picnic rugs.
- Ticket Holders attending the Event acknowledge that their name, image and likeness is likely to be photographed or recorded in a number of media not limited to video, audio and still recording (Images) and agree that perpetual use may be made, free of charge of Images and irrevocably waives all rights to object to such recording, printing and broadcasting of Images in any media and grants a royalty free licence to the Seller and Promoter (including the respective promoters, sponsors and suppliers) to use the Ticket Holder’s image and likeness in relation to any marketing and advertising materials, in any live or recorded television or other media or in any form of reproduction associated in whole or part of the Event.
MARQUEE TICKET ON-SELLERS
- Purchasers of Supersite and Private Marquee Facilities and tickets (Marquee Purchasers) to the Event must not, without the prior written consent of the Sellers, offer tickets for resale, package or use those tickets for advertising, promotion or any other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods or services.
- Marquee Purchasers must seek the approval of the Promoter and/or the Seller prior to engaging any corporate or third party sponsor or affiliate (Third Party Sponsor) for any commercial purpose in relation to their respective Marquee. Approval of any Third Party Sponsor we be given or withheld by the Seller or Promoter in their absolute discretion and no approval will be given for competitors of official event sponsors or suppliers listed in items 20 and 21 of these terms and conditions.
- Unless approved by the Promoter or Seller in writing prior to Event, Marquee Purchasers are required to use the Promoter appointed official suppliers in each category as set out below:
- Furniture hire: Harry the Hirer;
- Floral and Greenery: Botanical Events;
- Catering (Corporate side of the Polo Field): Tommy Collins by Atlantic Group or Fred & Ginger
- Unless approved by the Promoter or Seller in writing prior to Event, Marquee Purchasers are required to only serve the Promoter appointed official suppliers in each category as set out below:
- Alcohol Categories:
- Beer: Stella Artois
- Cider: Bonamy
- Wine & Sparkling: 6Ft6
- French Champagne: Pommery
- Vodka: Smirnoff
- Gin: Gordon’s Pink Gin
- Tequila: Don Julio Blanco
- Non-Alcoholic Categories:
- Flavoured soft beverages, water (still & sparkling): San Pellegrino and Acqua Panna;
- Coffee: Genovese.
- Marquee Purchasers are required to submit any marketing material and collateral featuring the Portsea Polo or associated Event Logo used for the promotion and marketing of their respective marquee to the Promoter for approval prior to publishing/production.
- Should the Sellers provide approval in relation to Marquee Purchasers engaging Third Party Sponsors in accordance with Item 19, the following will apply:
- Signage: signage, branding and/or theming of that Third Party Sponsor within the Marquee must be approved by the Seller. No approval will be given to signage, branding or theming that is clearly visible from outside the Marquee.
- Corporate identification signage is restricted to the front fence identification sign supplied in the package by the Promoter for Supersite Marquees only.
- All signage must be removed by the Marquee Purchasers from the Event site (and restored to its original condition) upon completion of the Event (or otherwise when requested by the Sellers).
- Alcohol Categories:
- The Sellers reserve the right to determine a Marquee Purchaser’s compliance with any items in these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion.
- The Sellers reserve the right to amend or replace these terms and conditions at any time without further notice.